Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge has been available for a few months now, and if you’re like us, you’re probably still playing it on a regular basis.
Whether you have or haven’t picked it up just yet, now is a great time to jump in and give it a go – with Tribute Games and Dotemu just releasing a new patch update for the game across all platforms. According to a brief rundown from Dotemu via social media, this latest patch addresses some “tedious bugs” and also includes some online and gameplay improvements.
Here are the full patch notes via Steam:
TMNT SHREDDER’S REVENGE – GAME STABILITY PATCH IS NOW LIVE!
Greetings pizza folks!
Today, we would like to thank you all for your feedback and love since TMNT Shredder’s Revenge launch! Thanks to you and your detailed feedback, our dev team has been able to work on some game stability improvements and fixes.
Here is the detailed changelog, featuring the various fixes, improvements, and new features implemented to improve the game stability:
- Fixed enemies sometimes frozen after a Fling Slam.
- Fixed Rat King sometimes frozen after being defeated.
- Fixed Krang’s torso sometimes leaving the screen. You can sing it: “Krang-no-loooon-ger leeeeeea-ving theeeeee-screen!”
- Fixed Dirtbag sometimes stuck in its Blinding Flash attack.
- Fixed some player attacks granting immunity to falling down holes, performed over a hold, resulted in a near-instantaneous KO for the player.
- Fixed the Dive Kick attack sometimes getting the player stuck when landing on edges.
- Fixed clients sometimes stuck in a cut scene.
- Fixed many connection issues at the beginning of stages that could result in desyncs and missing players.
- Fixed a few crashes caused by packet loss or lag, resulting in incomplete attack, player or camera data. Bodacious!
- Fixed clients ignoring enemy grab cancellation (when a player grabs for too long or an enemy is too healthy to grab).
- Fixed clients interrupting a Grab with a Super Attack, leaving enemies stuck in their Grab reaction.
- Fixed client side Chrome Dome sometimes not getting up when it should.
- Fixed Groundchuck often not facing the right direction on clients (or sometimes not animating at all) when charging.
- Fixed some replication issues in the Shredder fight.
- Fixed Super Shredder and Rat King sometimes freezing on clients when the host leaves the game.
- Fixed client-side rat spawning in the Rat King fight often not occurring when it should.
- Fixed client-side Buzzer having a hard time doing U-turns.
- Fixed client-side Motorcycle Foot Soldiers sometimes frozen on screen before attacking.
- Fixed client-side Splinter’s Super Flying Attack not increasing your Hit Counter and Score. He’s a radical rat!
- Fixed online lag during boss fights sometimes breaking the boss’ behavior resulting in the fight getting impossible to finish (boss disappearing, for example).
- Fixed online game search no longer working after a failed search.
- Fixed connection issues occurring after the end game cutscene.
- Fixed host able to block the game by opening the Party Up menu while in a stage end cutscene.
- Fixed saving customized controls only partially.
- Fixed using a keyboard with a layout other than QWERTY when customizing controls.
- Fixed saving the VSync value in the Options.
- Fixed a way to get the Pause menu stuck on the screen during gameplay.
- Fixed resetting the progression of stat-based achievements like “Complete Cast!” when starting a new game.
- Achievement unlock is now saved immediately. Achievement progression is now saved when leaving a stage.
- Fixed audio volume issues on stereo setups.
- Added some awesome people that worked on the game. tubular!
- Fixed Edwin’s name. Cowabunga, dude!
- Improved performance by preloading all possible enemies to be used in a stage.
- Dizzy players are no longer invincible. Bummer, dude!
- In Story mode, doing Continue no longer loads up How To Play.
- Improved detecting all connected players as Ready, which would prevent entering a stage.
- Improved transitions between the different parts of stage 6 (Crystal Palace Mall).
- Improved bosses snapping to (sometimes bad) positions after client-side hits.
- Remote players now visually do their Double Jump and additional Somersault attacks. Wicked!
- Added platform icons when listing online games and friends.
- Improved connecting to other Parties. Excellent!
- Added a message popup if kicked from a party. Sorry!
- Added netcode check popup on version mismatch. Friends don’t let friends play unpatched.
If you haven’t checked out Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge yet, what are you waiting for? We said it the best turtles beat ’em up ever made – awarding it an “excellent” nine out of ten stars.
Have you updated to this latest version of TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge yet? Notice anything else? Tell us below.